Hey Fam,
Another week gone by before we had time to blink. It's been amazing. Elder Richard G. Scott spent 4 hours with our mission on Monday morning and it was incredible. The spirit was undescribably strong. He taught us a lot and made us feel very loved and priviledged to be serving the Lord at this time in a very amazing mission. I'm so grateful to be serving the taiwan taichung mission. We are so blessed by the Lord and though we don't deserve it, we continue to feel Him continue to shower out miracles. I appreciate being surrounded by obedient, faithful sisters and elders. I know the Lord sent me here at this time for a reason, and I will spend the rest of my life serving more fully because of what I have learned here. I felt strongly on monday that I need to continue to study chinese when i return home and be prepared to serve in what ever ways the Lord asks.
Being with Elder Scott is a day I'll never forget. We could definitely feel the presence of special witness of the lord. He shared with us His testimony of the Atonement, and some about his relationship with his wife (who has been on the other side of the veil for 13 years). We got to all personally meet him and the time seemed to go by very fast but was also deeply spiritual.
We also had combined district meeting last thursday. I'm so grateful for the leaders we have the zone and district, and especially for President Hoer's encouragement. We also had a big family history fair in our last weekend and we helped with that. We even made it into the newspaper!
Hey just a request, will you call up grandma and grandpa for me and tell them how much I love them. I've just been thinking about them a lot lately.
We had a wonderful baptism last Saturday. Ye Yu Lin was baptized and confirmed a member of the Lord's restored church and that is such a miraculous thing. We continue to be blessed by the love our new members. I will miss them much when I leave this beautful place called Nantou. I have a feeling I will be called to another place when we get move call next weekend.
Today we went up to a really cool amusment park in the mountains of puli. it has roller coaster rides, but also has reconstructed native aborignal life. They had this really cool dance program, this cool fish pond, some fun rides, a beautful view from the gondola, and just a fun experience. Liu Hui Jia and her husband took us and the other sisters from Zhanghua. they are so good to us.
I'm so excited to hear Josh has his papers in now. Hopefully he can tell me where he's going when I call home next weekend. If I was preparing for the MTC I would study PMG chapter 3 and all the scriptures in that chapter so I would know how to teach the lessons with scripture I was altready familiar with.
On mother's day, will you invite emily to come over again if she can? if you get a chance I'd love to seem some pictures from the dances lately. I hope Charity and Tim are getting along alright down there at BYU. It's a wonderful place, but there's also times when it can overwhelming.
We definitely will need to go out and find some new investigators in the next few days. With all the excitement lately, the next little while will feel a little bit routine, but that's where the real miracles happen, not in the meetings, but in seeing investigators change their lives. Maybe you could pray for our investigators to come to church this week, we've been struggling a little with that lately.
I love you all. have a wonderful week!
Love,
Sister Browning
Wednesday, April 30, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment