Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Hey Family,
Thanks for the letters mom and dad... not sure what everyone else was doing this week....oh well there is a beautiful thing called repentance--you can change and write your missionary sister a letter even if you haven't done so for a long time.
This week I don't know what to report. We still have wonderful new members that are doing wonderful. Wang Shen passed the sacrament last week and I couldn't stop smiling. He, his sister, the Li family and Liu Hui Jia are going to the temple in a few weeks. So good.

Okay a funny story. My companion decided to wear a skirt she hadn't worn before. It was pretty long and really wide. When we left the door that morning I asked her if thought the skirt would work, but she had brought some safety pins so we thought it would be okay. By the afternoon the skirt got caught in her gears and she ended up with a hole in the back. But luckily she had a second layer underneath so we just kept working because we didn't have time to go home and change. So about 9 at night we were headed home and I looked behind me and saw she was down at the bottom of the hill trying to get her skirt out of her gears again. I went back down to help her but it was stuck in the there pretty good. She happened to have stopped at the side of the road by a bus stop and drink store. So a few people came over to see if they could help. a girl saw that her skirt was already ripped by the bottom so she asked in english "may I?" and then proceeded to rip off the entire bottom half of my companion's skirt. By that time there had to be 5 or 6 people looking on. Needless to say it was quite a humorous situation. Then after she was freed from the bottom half of her skirt, we couldn't get the fabric out of the gears still. A lady brought over a huge pair of scizzor-plier things but that didn't work. Finally a grandma lady brought over a knife and cut it out from the gears. When we finally got it all out, there a some applause and a lot more laughs at these two funny american sister missionaries who had gotten themselves into quite a predicament. It was probably the funniest thing I've seen on the mission yet.

This week we are working with Ye Yu Lin for her baptism on Saturday. She has a lot she doesn't understand about the gospel but she is very humble and amazingly willing to learn. Last night we watch the Restoration DVD with another one of our cute investigators, and even though I've seen a hundred times, it really brought the spirit to the room and to my heart. I continue to be grateful for all that the Prophet and all the Saints sacrificed for the work. I wonder when he walked out that grove of trees if he had any glimpse of the great responsibility he would now carry for the rest of his life. Probably not, he was probably filled with the Spirit and love of God, and great happiness. But when the trials did begin to come and when he was called to sacrifice all, he was willing to do so because of his absolute loyalty to God and His Son, who he had begun to come to know that day in the grove.

So what's the mission paper status of those I know and love...namely my brother and sister? You just can't leave a girl in the dark so long. How about those other two brothers of mine? What are you really doing with your lives? Anyone else sleeping in during church or forgetting to read your scriptures? if so I need to talk with you. okay I'm not the strange sister missionary you think I am, I'm mostly just joking. Mother's Day is coming up in a few weeks so I guess I can grill you all then :) I love you all and hope you have a good week.
Love
Sister Browning

No comments: