Hi Family...
I hope you all are doing well. Thanks for the updates this week. I'm glad everyone had a good day on sunday. I love hearing Elder Bednar and Pres. Eyring speak. I'm sure getting setting apart was special experience for Josh. I got the prom pictures and was glad to see they both went with nice girls who wore modest dressed. Taiwan is a country of very modest girls, so that is something I'm used to now.
This week few by really fast again. Liu Hui Jia made me a really cool CD of the pictures from our last few pday adventures with her and I'm really excited to show it to you sometime. I might send home a copy.
Her husband came to church this sunday to support her while she was giving her testimony. She did a beautiful job and it was so good to seem them both there at church.
I've been learning a lot this week about myself and the trials and rewards of missionary work. When you're really trying to do the Lord's work, He always helps you to grow and learn. I love the study hours in the morning. Language study, personal study fly by now. It wasn't like that at the first of the mission. I've been thinking a lot about being worthy for the Spirit's guidance, and see lots of ways that I can grow in that area. There's always the challenge of staying 100% focused, now the time grows shorter and shorter. I'm determined to endure to the end, it seems the last laps are the easiest to run fast, but also include a little more pain. I'm down to 6:50 for the 1600 meter. and can run 4800 meters in less than 24 minutes.
We have met some really cool new investigators who are willing to work toward getting baptized but as of yet they are still in the beginning stages. The whole coming to church thing has been our biggest obstycle this move call. Also, some investigators come to church and aren't very comfortable with all the new stuff that goes on, so that can be tough too. I just wish I could take my love for the gospel and the church and just give a bit to our investigators. That's where the patience and diligence comes in though.... always room for more of that.
My companion got some flea bites last week. some as in like 120+ on her legs. I was spared the pain, but we got some spray stuff and washed our sheets a lot and if it wasn't for the fact that we are so tired at night, we would probably have a hard time sleeping for the fear that we didn't get all the fleas. gotta love the mission life.
It's been rainy lately, which at least means that it's not so hot even if it does make the chuan jiao-ing a little challenging. Thanks for thinking to write early mom, but you were a week early. this monday is move call. so maybe you can just email me after the phone call if there was something we forgot to say or just not email, mei guanxi.
I think I will be moving, my zone leaders said to expect to stay, we will see. I have been here in Nantou since the last time you called at Christmas...so it's the same phone number. crazy.
So I'll talk to you all in a few days. Stay strong, smile a few more times a day, and love the Lord.
Love, Sister Browning
Wednesday, May 7, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment