Hey Fam,
Another week "chuan"in' the "jiao" as we say here in the land of taiwan. chuan jiao roughly translates to "share religion with others" or prostylte (I hate spelling that word). We just got back from the temple and it was nice to be able to go to the temple, but to be honest it was a long bus ride and I'm a little tired. I've learned that being tired isn't necessarily a bad thing. My new little trainee has made it through her first week, and so have I. The weather has turned hot, but we sisters seem to take the heat better than the elders at least.
Did I tell you about our family that got baptized... let's see yeah I think I did. They are wonderful and I'm excited to help our new members continue to progress in this ward. We are watching conference this Saturday and Sunday, and that will be a nice time for us missionaries and for our investigators and new members. I love the leadership of the church. As I have been reading the teachings from the Prophet Joseph Smith I have really come to appreciate more and more how much the early saints of the church sacrificed for us, and how great growth and blessings usually come at a great cost.
This last sunday they split the ward here in Nantou into a branch and ward. The branch is called Ming Jian branch and is going to start out pretty small, but has a lot of room to grow. It is the 100th church unit in taiwan (look for that in the church new or at least on the church website) We won't be covering the branch as of yet, so not that much change for us.
I'm grateful for all my companion has been teaching me lately. It's good to not just get into a routine with the work, but to keep desiring to progress, and she definitely has that desire. The first months are definitely the hardest on the mission I think, and especially frustating not being able to understand that much of what's going on, but the Lord helps us all to progress much faster that we could on our own.
Josh's pictures look really professional. He's all grown up and graduating from high school soon. crazy stuff. I got my package last week mom, thanks for the stuff..the socks are perfect. I hope you all are happy and enjoying the spring weather. I bet it was really nice to be up to Grandma and Grandpa's for conference. Next time you see everyone up there, give them my love.
I love you all and always love to hear from you and appreciate your support.
Love,
Sister Browning
Wednesday, April 9, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment