Hey Family,
Yesterday I went on exchanges. I was with a trainee in my old area Zhanghua. I was with Sister Tolman has been on island for about 3 weeks. she is with one of my old companions who is going home next month. She has been having a rough time lately and it was so good to be with her and to help her out a little. She reminds me of my friend Lena. The are
both Italian-American and they are the kind of people I could be with for hours and just loving talking to. So that was really fun and we had a great day with finding new investigators. I also love my companion. We haven't had much success lately, but she has been a great support. She is a very kind, thoughtful, simple person who has a lot of faith. So that
is wonderful. It is a priviledge to be with serving with a native too. All of the native sisters are going home this move call...so that is sad. Apparently next move call they want to find five short term sisters to serve. I don't know why we don't have enough sisters coming in.
The weather has been wonderful lately, but will get cold again soon I hear. I don't have many cool stories with the work... we do a lot of contacting and some tracting. At least the people in taiwan are pretty nice at rejecting us. last night we were tracting in a neighborhood with a lot of rice field and old people who speak taiwanese. So only my
companion could communicate with about half of the people who answered the door. Even though I can't speak taiwanese I pretty much knew what they were saying because there's alot of rejection phrases that you get used too, so even without understanding the words you can understand alot through body language. It was interesting.
I hope everyone is doing well at home. Thanks for the updates. I hope you are all happy and that the trials and worries that come are all subdued and overcome by faith in the Lord and confidence in His promises.
. Thanks
Love,
Sister Browning
Tuesday, March 4, 2008
still called to serve
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment