Hey Fam,
It's been 10 days since the last email but I can't think of a whole lot to report. My companion and I have been working hard, and she has been a good companion, but the work is a little slow lately. Last sunday we had a 18 year old investigator a church who later when we called her said church was so boring she didn't want to meet with us again. sad.
One highlight lately has been meeting with the Wang family. They fed us dinner on monday and are so nice to us. They have been married for about 6 years but no kids yet. The wife is more open to the gospel right now but I think her husband has potential too. They live about a 45 minute bike ride from our house, but we didn't know the fast way home, so
they rode their bikes with us back to nantou and then back home again...all in all a 60-70 minute bike ride. I've never had investigators been so cool to us. Anyway when Hui Jia (the wife) told us she would come to church this sunday I was super happy. She has been reading and praying, and likes it. She still has some questions to work out but she is
wonderful.
We have zone conference in tai zhong tomorrow so hopefully after today and tomorrow getting physically and spiritually recharged we can go out and get to work and see some success. Our district also told me last night that I have to realize with my companion being new to the work I have to carry a lot more responsiblity so we are doing good with
what we have. I do feel that I can do better though.
Tonight I am making chocolate chip cookies at the church from a betty crocker mix. I know that wouldn't make most people super excited, but I am. I've tried to make choc. chip cookies from scratch here twice before but it didn't work out because the sugar and vanilla are really wierd here....so this time I have great hopes cause this is the american stuff. such is the life a missionary. I'm almost getting to be an old sister missionary you know. When you get to the less than 6 months left, that's old :)It seems like my life before the mission and after are bound to be very different--different brothers at home, most of my friends being married, all that fun stuff, but it's to be expected I guess. To look at the bright side, it's a new start, or something like that. No really, I expect I'll find something exciting to do
when I come home... I'm kind of open to what ever is in store. Not that missionaries ever think about coming home until they are on the plane :)
Sleep in a little on saturday mornings for me (but not too long...sleeping in for me is getting up at 7:30) The church is true! I love you and am grateful for your support of this missionary work. I'm excited for our family to continue to help the Lord in his work and know He will bless us and help
us to progress and learn.
Love Sister Browning
Tuesday, February 26, 2008
your favorite sister missionary
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment