Tuesday, March 11, 2008

sunny days

Hey Family,
Hope everyone had a good week! How was your birthday Charity? We had what the taiwanese call and pu-tong week... or average. My companion is already done with her letters cause we don't have that much to report.

We have a baptism, maybe two coming up next week so that's something to be excited for. Liu Hui Jia is probably my favorite person in the world right now. I called her last Friday and asked her how she was doing. She said she had got an answer to her prayer and
she knew God exists! I was almost crying over the phone I was so happy. I don't think I've had an investigator be so certain they had an answer to their prayer and so willing to keep the commandments. She is excited to be baptized! We will teach her tithing tomorrow and then she will be ready for her interview. It was such a miracle to see her
receive her answer and then be ready to be baptized when just a few days before she was a little worried and feeling pressured. She came to all three hours of church and met a lot of members. It was great.

We had lunch yesterday with our new member Candy who can start preparing to go to the temple and another really cool member. (they even paid for us and we had really good lasagna so that was a cool bonus too) For some reason not that many new members get to the temple, so that is exciting Candy is willing to prepare. Her two sons need to be baptized,
but their desire isn't so great right now... at lunch we talked about the members who are "waiting for the miracle" for the miracle of their family members joining the church. It is just so good to have the hope that one my new members will be a really li-hai (roughly translates to great or awesome) member and now has really li-hai member friend. Here is
my committment to all of you: this sunday be a friend to someone at church you haven't met before or talked to much before, if possible someone who isn't very strong in the church or doesn't have many friends. It is so important!! (See Pres. Monson's talk in the march ensign)

So remember my friend Julie Vance. She writes me often since she got home last summer. She runs into Charity and Tim once in a while at BYU. She wrote me last week and said she's planning on getting married. I guess Charity knows her boyfriend cause they are in the same ward or something. It's just funny cause she's probably getting married in June,
around the same time as Emily. popular month.

I speak chinese all the time now so... yeah the english is getty worse. oh well. maybe you should all invest in taking chinese classes so you can understand my chin-glish when I come home.

It is a good time to be a missionary. It is still a challenge every day. but I am grateful for the ways the gospel changes lives, including my own.

Love Sister Browning

No comments: