Hey Wo de jiaren! (my family members)
Thanks for the letters this week. Sounds like Tyrell and I will be coming home at about the same time. I still have time left. In the world of sisters, 4 months still is almost a 1/4 of my mission left to go. My native companion will be going home after next week :( The 6 weeks went by fast. (it's always easier to say that at the end than in the middle on the slow days:) Our baptism is on Friday. We are really excited. Everyone in our district has one convert getting baptized so that will be good for us. Also Wang Yi And Wang Shen might be able to get baptized. They want to but still have to get permission from their parents or the area authorities.... uhhh yeah we are praying for that miracle. They came to church and are still willing to get baptized if they can. Church was a miracle this week. Our mission had 370 investigators at church on sunday. 70 more than any other week. Our district had 3 families come. It was such a miracle on sunday morning when our investigators came, because we have struggled lately on getting them to church. Our focus now is working with the member more because they have a hard time friendshiping investigators. Especially when there are 20+ investigators in one ward, we have to work extra hard to get them all introduced to ward members. So our combined district meeting on monday was focused on that. Also on sharing our testimonies of the Savior with everyone.
We had an amazing lesson this week. We took "our family" (a husband and wife and heir daughter) over to the stake president's house and watched the restoration DVD. he spirit was so strong in their home and then the Stake President bore his estimony. He said the spirit he felt then was the same spirit he felt 30 years ago as a 14 year old investigator watching Joseph Smith movie. It was really touching. I pray that our investigators felt it and are willing to act on it. It's pretty huge that they have testimony of Joseph Smith because they were already baptized into another church. They have move to Nantou recently so that's why they we ready to come to a different church. I really hope they progress.
The work has really picked up lately so that makes it more exciting to go out and each lessons and to work to find new investigators. We are headed to the morning market to "guang yi guang" (go shopping). It should be a fun break in the normal pday routine. Last p-day we went to a buffet and it was pretty good. But then we ran out of time to do much else. today we should still have some time to rest.
Well running out of other things to say....the weather is really nice lately. it's sure to get hot soon, which I'd have to say the least pleasant effect of hot weather is that I will be really stinky for the last few summer months of my mission. be ready for that:) it might take a few months for the stinkiness to wear off when I get home. maybe I shouldn't have gone into that detail...oh well.
I'm glad you liked the b-day presents. that's sad charity's is too small. Maybe she can buy the small scriptures that fit it someday. (that case fit my mini 4 in 1 scriptures).
hope you all have a wonderful week!
Love Sister Browning
Tuesday, March 18, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Dear Sister Browning:
I'm so happy I've found your blog on line. Thank you for your sharing. Thank you for teaching me a lot about Gospal. You did change my life. When I pray,I feel peace and happy. I do like read scriptures, it helps me a lot.
Hui-Chia
Post a Comment