Hello Family!
It's been a pretty emotional week here in Taiwan, especially for sister Fife. She's still trying to cope with the idea that this time next week she will be home in Utah. Her sister in law's father unexpectedly died this last week, her mom's health is also pretty bad, and she also has the stress of trying to leave this area ready for the next senior companion. I'm getting more and more used to being here, but there's only so much I know. sometimes it still hard to find my way around. It's also hard to find your way around a place where you can't read anything. Utah is so much more organized!
The transition to the next companion will also be important because we have some amazing families we are teaching right now. We really want to help them hit their baptism goals next move call. We started teaching the Chen last week and they came to church. They loved it. To have a whole family--mom, dad, and daughter-- at church is pretty rare! Most members get baptized by themselves, so it would be great to have this family to support each other. The mom is pretty depressed, but the gospel has already started to help her a ton. It's also helping the husband, he's awesome and the gospel is going to help him be a better dad and husband. Their daughter is shy, but happy so all in all it's pretty cool. We met them through another investigator--a single mom and her two kids, tiffany and tim (we know alot of investigators by their English names because it's easier to remember). Tim has ADD so he doesn't like church right now. We have a two other families as well. Really we have been so blessed lately to find these families, so it's important we do our best to help them get baptized.
This week were the first thunder and lighting storms here. When it rains here it rains hard and a lot and a long time. On sunday night we were riding out to visit a mom and it started to rain. We didn't have our raincoats and couldn't buy one because it was sunday. So we got so soaked! It was kind of fun, especially because it was late in the evening so we knew we could go home and change soon. It was funny we ran into the elders at the church and they saw us so wet. Usually we're pretty good about being prepared for the rain.
It's crazy to think next time I right I'll have made it through my first move call and will have a new companion. In my six weeks here I've gotten a lot more adjusted to Taiwan-- I know what food I do and don't like now. I can understand a lot more of what people are saying. I have stronger leg muscles and don't die running a mile (but still don't like it that much). I'm used to not getting as much sleep as I'd like to. I like being a missionary.
i hope all is well at home. I'd love to hear from everyone. I love you all. Love, Devany
Tuesday, June 5, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment