Tuesday, May 29, 2007

newsflash from taiwan

Dear Family, Newsflash...the latest just in from the Xitun Taiwan Sister Missionary line....the word just came in this morning from the mission office, President Watterson himself... Sister Fife is leaving her mission earlier than expected, earlier than most other sister missionaries. Due to the failing health of her mother, but even more due the direction from the Lord, Sister Fife is now going home on June 12. Yep, we had a pretty big shock the last few days as Sister Fife found out there was possibility she would be leaving after this move call. This morning she found out for sure, that she only has a a week and half left. She has served with her whole heart and now the President feels the Lord wants her leave early. This has been really hard for her. She loves the work and was expecting to have one more move call left. She is dealing with it well though, with faith in the Lord and desire to do His will. So we are going to work our guts out the last 10 days of this move call and get our last baptism. It may be that our last baptism goal will count as Danny. Danny counts as the Elder's investigator, but he started with us because we are teaching his friend Judy and Danny together. Danny has a baptism goal for next week, but he is 18 so he needs his parents permission. And right now his dad wants him to wait. So we are going to do our best to help him with that and get him baptized next week. Judy's parents are also opposed to her getting baptized, and she hasn't come to church enough yet, so we have a lot of people that we can help get baptized next move call. So yeah, with sister fife leaving, I will be staying here in Xitun. I like it here. I heard it's been 100 degrees here. I didn't know...it's hot but I just thought it would probably get hotter. So yeah, the weather is hot and I get pretty sweaty, but it's okay. It's not too bad today. I actually would rather have it be hot than rainy because I don't like being my feet being all wet. Today we found out we don't have to wear nylons on normal prostelying days so that will be nice too. We visited a crazy investigator this week...she though moses was her uncle and I was her brother. We're not sure if she can understand enough to be baptized. We also had zone meeting. It was good to be reminded of how important the work is. Our investigator Rong hui is following the word of wisdom now! She stopped smoking and drinking coffee. Some of our other investigators are also making progress too. It's exciting. Sulian got baptized on saturday. She is a sweet mom. Her husband was a little opposed at first, but Sister fife helped him to see that it was a good thing for her. We hope that one day he will open his heart to the gospel too.

No comments: