Tuesday, May 8, 2007
mango milk is good...it tastes kind of like a orange julius
Hi everyone!Well I've made it through two weeks here in taiwan. I'm starting to get used to it....in some ways. We have had some adventures! I tried sushi this week. It's not a really taiwanese...it's more japanese, but either way it wasn't too good. But I did discover my favorite place to eat this week. There is this amazing bakery near our apartment. It's a little expensive but it was soooo good. Better than any american bakery. You should see how artistic they are at decorating cakes. We had a baptism on sunday. My companion has been working with this girl since she came here two move calls ago. her name is xiao ting. She had a hard time a little while ago when she pospotoned her baptism, but when the day finally came it was great! The work is difficult, especially contacting with little chinese ability...but I love these people. The sisters(all the women) here in taiwan are so great. Our investigators are so kind and we stay busy teaching. We had an amazing first lesson last night. The lady has a christian background, and was pretty receptive to our message. She agreed to come to church even without an invite. As we left we were so happy! The people we contacted after could feel the spirit and were more open to what we had to say. Imagine a tiny open air store, teaching a lady sitted on three stools, with modern chinese music in the background and the spirit is there as we share with her the book of mormon and invite her to find out for herself. There are prepared people here in taiwan and it such a privledge to be led to them and be the Lord's servant who can bring them his word and his love. My companion and I are still getting along well. She is a great missionary. She taught this lady at a tiny fruit stand in the middle of the commotion, and with some skeptism on her part, but really was able to relate to her. Both of their mom's have terminal illness. The plan of salvation really has taken on new meaning, even during our short time here. Anyway sister fife even shared a scripture from the book of mormon with this lady while she was in the middle of making drinks. Sister Fife bold yet loving and her attitude has really helped me to enjoy the work. I will be calling on sunday at 5 in the afternoon on sunday your time...8 a.m. my time. I will try to call charity at 5:40 or so. I hope that works for her. So I hopefully will be able to catch up with you all then. So I you probably don't need to write back until after sunday. I love you all and am excited to see how everyone is. Love, Sister Browning
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment