Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Last week in Taiwan

Hey Family,

So it's pretty easy to count the days left but we won't right now. It's just kind of like the last everything... last pday, last district meeting, last english class...I think I'm coming home pretty late at night tuesday.

I probably won't be getting a real full time job until after Tim's wedding. I figure there's a lot to do at home until then and I would be fine with helping mom with family history and her jobs and wedding plans and stuff. Plus helping Josh get ready for his mission, maybe visiting Charity in Provo, But after that I plan to get a good full time job and get my student loans paid off quickly. I have no plans yet for where I want to work. I want to go up to rexburg and pocatello and maybe to st. george with emily and her family sometime in august. It's all up in the air right now of course. Maybe we could all go camping sometime too. I've let myself think about coming home more today than usual. It seems like there's just a lot coming that I can't plan for, or know how it work out, but it will.

I'm grateful to have served as a mission in Taiwan. Every phase on the mission has had it's own challenges, but I have always been well taken care of by the Lord and our mission leaders. I realized this week how impossible it is to describe what I've learned or much about how mission experience. There is so much and it is often deeper than words. But I guess I will be doing my best to share what I have learned when I return home. I'm sure I'll be wierd when I come home. just expect that I guess. But I am sure it will be good to be with the family again. It's been awhile since I've been at home--you know an active part of our family, so I'm sure that will be different at first. It will also be very good. I'm looking forward to the beautiful mountains, the strength of my friends and family at home, and the opportunity to see what the Lord has in store for my future. Yesterday our investigator Amy asked me what I had learned from serving a mission. I told her I've learned "to serve the Lord and do what he asks of me" (of course in chinese) I'm grateful for this time of tutoring from the Lord and from companions, leaders, and of course you, my family, and friends who have supported me.

I hope Eric had a good birthday. I was excited to get his letter. It made me laugh. I hope you all have a wonderful week. See you soon,I love you all

Sister Browning

No comments: