Wednesday, May 28, 2008

fun in the sun

Hey Family,
How's life in Utah? Go have a frosty for me...
The weather is getting hot here in Zhunan. I have a pretty sweet tan, including rad tan lines on my feet and arms. My companion and I are doing pretty good considering the work isn't too great right now. I don't know it's just been slow and we've dropped a lot of investigators lately. But we have investigator we working with.. she was crying yesterday when we were reading with her from Alma 6 about baptism. but her husband is being really mean about not wanting her to go to church and especially not to bring their kids to church. he's pretty hard core buddist. So we are going to be fasting with her this sunday. I really hope we can see the miracle of her getting baptized, but it all in the hands of the Lord.

I was so sore last week from the football zone activity. I made a touch down... but the next day everytime I had to get on my bike I would groan. It was made a little worse that night when we were biking to the church and I ran into a car door and fell over on the road. .... gotta watch out for those old guys who don't look before getting out of their car and opening the door. He told me I was going too fast... no sympathy as I and my bag and my tracts fly all over the road. oh well. I didn't get hurt except for a bruise on my knee. I use to be getting faster at running but now I just feel like an old lady missionary when I run. oh well.

we met a really cool couple this week. The wife had been a investigator 5 years ago, but now she is married and her and her husband are amazing. They are coming to the Elder's investigator's baptism tonight. that's sweet, except we're supposed to be teaching english at the same time. we'll figure it out.

We had exchanges yesterday. it's a pretty big deal for the sister since we only get to exchange once a move call instead of once a week or more like the elders do. I was with Sister Starley from Highland, UT. She was really fun to be with. All of the sisters in the mission are pretty awesome missionaries. There's always a few companionships that have problems getting along, but in general I think we are really blessed as sisters in this mission.

Well, that's about all I can think of for this week. Hope you are all doing well.
Love,
Sister Browning

No comments: