Hello Family,
Well looks like things are very different in our two worlds. I can't imagine so much snow. It is definitely cold here though. Yesterday when we walking around tracting in the rain and no one seemed to be home, it felt like one of those classic moments you picture when missionary work is tough....Then some buddhist monks(two girls) invited us in and fed us
some cake and malt milk. then it didn't feel so classic, it definitely felt like one of those very taiwanese moments.
Last week's xili hui (baptismal service) was very good. It was member's son and his girlfriend (who has been our investigator since december)and Liao Yi Ting, a wonderful mom who has been having her challenges with preparing to be baptized, but in the end with the support of her member friends made it through to hit her goal. She has a very naughty 3
year old boy who is terrible at church and who was kicking and screaming while his mom was getting baptized because he had to be seperated from her for a moment. the young kids are often really spoiiled here in taiwan until they get to kindergarten where they get tons of discipline. They need to figure a way to balance it all out a little.
Today is New year's eve. that means we need to buy a ton of food because everyone will be on at home and all the shops will be close for the next few days. for some reason the members are feeding the elders meals, but not inviting us sisters to eat. last year we could all eat together, but now this year we can't so oh well, at least we won't have to
eat any wierd food the members give us. I have no idea what we are going to do tomorrow for missionary work. The Lord will provide a way if we are willing to act on that revelation.
Tonight we have english class. Tonight is a big of holiday as christmas eve so we will see if anyone comes. No cool guo nian (new years) stories yet, that will have to be for next time. Last pday we went up to a waterfall in puli. It was really enjoyable to be out in the mountains and to smell "nature" again. I will have to send you the pictures
sometime. We also went to a park in the center of taiwan. really....except to get to the real center you have to climb like 300 stairs. It was funny because when we started out it looked like only a few sets of stairs, but by then it was up a huge hill. It was fun anyway.
Thanks for sending the pictures. Go sledding or something fun for me. I hope you all get feeling better soon. Happy anniversary Mom and Dad by the way, sorry I remembered last week after I sent the email. I hope you had a good day. I'd love to hear from everybody soon. what are you all doing stuck in the house with all the snow anyway? just kidding. I love you all.
Love Sister Browning
Tuesday, February 5, 2008
snow? what's that?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment