Dear family
WOW I got 4 emails this week!! Thanks for writing! I have to admit that I might, once in while, miss you guys. So it's good to hear from all you. Plus, Emily sent me a birthday package, so I was super spoiled.
The work continues on in Taiwan. Lately we've had a hard time finding new investigators. We will keep be diligent and pray the the Lord will guide us and help us to have more success.
So I'm allergic to fruit...watermelon, pineapple, mangoes, and especially this little round fruit thing they call li-ze. The li-ze make my eyes go red and my ears itch like crazy. Also, eating seaweed make me want to gag. But when a members offers you food you can't refuse, you just have to eat it. Also, just in case you wanted to know, it is possible to get 12 mosquito bites in 3 minutes, all of which will start to itch within 3 minutes of contact :)
I've been a little sick lately, just sinus problems combined with my new found fruit allergies, but we got some extra sleep today. So hopefully I will get back to normal soon.
We have an investigator who make really expensive jewerly. Her friend is a member. She gave me this really pretty bracelet and then made a coordinating neckless (is that really how it is spelled). so this investigator is cool, but really into buddism. She has this little buddist shrine in her jewlery store. So many people in taiwan "bie-bie" that is worship their ancestors or other little gods. Lately I've learned more about the ways that Satan has developed to confuse people, to keep tem from the truth. He's got it down pretty good. The Chen family is an sad example of this. They are now convinced they only need the bible, and the Book of Mormon is just the words of men. Sometimes it's just so sad that people don't hold on the truths they know, and forget the experience they had with feeling the spirit.
The new mission president arrived this week. President Hoer (pronounced hur) and his wife are from california. It will exciting to get to know them. We are going to eat at Chile's this afternoon with the zone. That should fun, and expensive. I love you all, and appreciate your support. This is the Lord's work! Love, Sister Browning
Tuesday, July 3, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment