Wednesday, June 18, 2008

rootbeer floats

Hey family!
It's the last week of the move call, and we are praying for baptisms. We have one investigator who is doing okay, but she says she's not ready for her interview. It she needs to wait another week it's not the end of the world, but it would be sweet if she was ready soon.
Luo Mei Que came to church even after the blow up with her husband. If it wasn't for his fandui she would be baptized. But she is still working and has faith and I pray the Lord will continue to bless her with miracles.

We've had some more rainy days, some more hot days. The zone leaders found one investigator to get baptized on sunday I hope it works out. Our zone has worked hard this move call but hasn't had much success... .well at least as far as baptisms go... but if you look up what a successful missionary is in PMG, success isn't in the numbers really. When the work is tough, success does seem harder to measure. It on those days when the rain comes and the numbers aren't too great that we're especially grateful for the tender mercies of the Lord and the small miracles he gives us.

A few days ago Sister Rowberry wrote me and told me about our investigator from Nantou who got baptized- Cai Jia Rong. I met her outside McDonalds nearly 3 months ago, and she got baptized a few weeks ago. Sister Rowberry said she wanted to call me after her baptism, but since we're in different areas she couldn't. But next move call I can call all of my recent converts, so I can call her and that should be pretty sweet.

That's cool we have foreign (kind of) sisters in our stake. I hope I get to meet them. I would love to talk to the one who's mom is from Taiwan. thanks for the funny pics Josh. Mom, the email from you this week just had my forwarded email from last week. I don't know if you wrote one that didn't go through. But don't worry, you can just send it again and I can read it on Monday. Monday is move call....crazy the last little while has gone by pretty fast as we've been focusing on our investigators. Hey tim I haven't heard what you've been up to lately, maybe you could give me a quick update.

Well family, have a good June week. eat some hot dogs, corn on the cob, and drink rootbeer. We had rootbeer floats the other day. Rootbeer and beef noodles don't go so well together, but the ice cream was really good. also ate a little pig intestines this week. it was gross. but the rest of the meal was really good. It was with a family that we met last week and they own a restaurant. They wanted to feed us on sunday, we went to meet with them they insisted that we eat with them at their restaurant. I don't know if that's breaking the sabbath.. but we didn't spend any money and we did share the gospel with them and we didn't drink the tea :) They were young couple that were amazing nice to us. we've just got to figure out how to get them interested in baptism.

Well, on that note, I think that's about it... hope you all have a great day.
Love Sister Browning

No comments: