Hey Family,
So I have a new companion Sister Johnson. She is from Florida, the oldest of 3. Her parents are both converts. She has an interesting story...her dad converted, went on a mission to Japan, married his wife (who was catholic) in the catholic church, but soon his wife met the missionaries and she got a testimony of the Book of Mormon and was baptized. Then after they were sealed, they moved to Florida and become inactive. Their kids didn't ever go to church until one day my companion and her sister started asking her parents about which they belonged to. Her dad called the missionaries, and the 3 kids were soon getting rides to church from the members. The got baptized and went to church for 2 years by themselves until their parents made some changes and came back to church too. Her mom has been Relief Society President recently and their family is now all very active, and likely all 3 kids will serve missions.
This morning to switch companions I went to Taichung with a sister who had just had a terrible move call with her companion last move call. They hadn't been talking to each other for the last month. I've had my fair share of hard times, but I'm grateful I've never had anything that bad. The Lord does love us more than he loves our happiness, and teaches us much through trials, but trials like that are sure hard and long when you're in the middle of them. Sister McKinley and I didn't have any problems at all getting along last move and I was always appreciative of her support, especially when the work was hard.
We had four people at church yesterday which was a blessing from the Lord. I'm going to do all I can to help our investigators get their testimonies of the gospel so they can get baptized and stay active. We have a great responsiblity to fulfill, and we will do the best we can. I keep praying for greater faith.
I just found out one of my new members isn't talking to members of the ward anymore and isn't coming to church. I thought she was going to be so strong. It makes me very sad.... she knows, she's seen the miracles, and then I don't know what happened after I left.
But I must not be discouraged. This is the work of eternity, and I hope that something I do or have done here in taiwan will have eternal impact.
Mom, I read your conversion story just now and was really touched. If those two missionaries only knew that 21 year old Sister Neuhauser was going to become the mother of missionaries sons and daughters, it would make their whole mission worth it. You should try to get in touch with those elders, mom... I'm sure it would mean the world to them.
So my two little brothers need to get jobs... Josh really needs to get used to a schedule and working hard if he doesn't want the MTC to be a really hard adjustment. You finally let them get a phone for texting, oh no. I did just fine without a cell phone until I was 20. Tell Charity if she goes on a mission that she probably won't have to worry about cars, boys, or bosses at work. it's much simpler.
I hope you all had a wonderful time with the family in Idaho. How was meeting the family for Tim's girlfriend? I love our family. I'm not feeling too bad about not being home yet, so just keep praying for that. I really want to stay focused on the work. It's wierd to be the old missionary now. I hope I can take all I have learned on the mission and use it for good. My companion seems really good, the leaders willing to support us, the wards very supportive, the only thing that could hold me back is myself. So I will keep praying for the Lord to change me and help me do what He has called me to do.
Love, Sister Browning
Monday, June 23, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment