Hi!
For thanksgiving tomorrow we're eating duck. turkey is better. We will be at the ward activity and singing a song for their program. So that should be fun.
We had a baptism on saturday. I don't have any pictures because she didn't want any. She thought the baptism suit was too ugly. It was actually a really stressful baptism and she hasn't got confirmed yet. There was supposed to be 4 people getting baptized but two of the elder's investigators still need parent permission and one had to go somewhere else with his dad. So all the members came and our investigator was late (we had to go the train station to find her and take her to church) and not very happy so I felt bad for the member who were willing to come. It just makes me appreciate more our baptism coming up this week. It is Pei Yi (amy) she is really awesome and excited about her baptism. So that will be cool. We have two other investigators ages 10 and 12 who passed their interview but the Dad doesn't want them to get baptized now so I don't know if they will keep coming to church. It was a pretty stressful last weekend but things have calmed down now and we had a few good lessons yesterday. So things are looking good to start out next move call.
Move call is on saturday, we will move on monday... so my next email day is monday. I have a feeling I won't be here in Zhanghua again, but we will see how things turn out. Yes, missionaries can cut our hair. I'm just growing mine out. Once it gets a little longer I will trim it.
The weather has turned cold again. I'm going to look for a jacket today. We're going to lugang again and we're hoping it doesn't rain til we get back. Tonight I'm in charge of the English activity...we're doing life in america thing. We'll see how it goes.
I'm half way through the mission now, but I won't be halfway done with "my time on island" (in taiwan) until about Christmas. Sounds about right. I'm interested to see how Charity and Josh's mission timing works out... I hope I'm home before they leave or at least they are still in the MTC when I get home.
I hope you all have a good time together at Thanksgiving....and appreciate good American food. I'm have a feeling I'm going to come home and think that eating at Denny's or Wendy's is pretty much the best food ever:)
I'm grateful for the chance I have to serving a mission. I'm not always worthy of these investigators and members that I serve, but I'm glad I get to help them anyway. The other
day mei lan was telling us how most of the time when missionaries would contact her she would just say "sorry sorry I'm busy"... but the other day for some reason we contacted her and she was willing to listen. Now she has a baptism goal in a few weeks because the Lord had prepared her for this time to hear the gospel. She just happens to have a few hours break from work on during the same time her church meets, she has a desire to learn, and it's awesome. We have a few humble, willing to learn investigators like that and it's huge blessing!
Happy Thanksgiving!
Love Sister Browning
Wednesday, November 21, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment