Thursday, November 1, 2007

hi

I just got back from the Taibei temple. It was a really good feeling there and I seemed to learn a lot. I could feel the spirit of being in the House of the Lord from the time I stepped in til the time I left. It was a good experience and though it means we only havea few hours left for p-day, it really gave a boost. When we get those glimpses into what the temple really means and the hope it offers us, it really is incredible.Last night we went to Ke xiu yu's house (she is our most recent convert) She had taken down the buddha shrine in her living room. It was so cool. A lot of members if theystill have family members that are fojiao just leave the buddha stuff up. But Ke Xiu Yusaid we could bring her a picture of Christ to put up instead. We read Mosiah 13 andnever has the commandment about not worshipping idols seem to take on as much meaning.She is amazing!! She just needs to find a job so she can come to work every sunday. Whichis hard cause she's 55. Her friend who is our investigator isn't progressing much---as infell asleep in the middle of the lesson when we were reading from the Book of Mormon. Wejust keep praying to find prepared people.I went on splits this monday. I went about a half an hour away to Yuanlin. I was with Sister Cassens. This is only my second time on splits as sister don't get as much chanceto to exchanges as elders do. We are both junior companions, and she is only on her 2ndmove, so I was leading the lessons, which I haven't done before. She has an awesome lovefor the people and that really helped out our lesson to go well. We taught 5 lessons thatday so the time flew by. It was fun. Plus they found 8 new investigators here in Zhanghua while I was gone so that was sweet.It's still warm here on halloween. Like still wearing short sleeves warm. One of the senior missionaries made us no bake cookies today....the little things that make you happy. anything american tastes sssoooooo good.Well that's about it. Hope you have a good week.
Love, Devany

No comments: