Tuesday, September 11, 2007

a good week

Dear Dad and Mom,
Wow! 6 out of 7....that a good email day in the life of sister browning. Thanks everyone for writing and keeping me updated with your lives back in utah.

I've had a good week. My new companion and I are getting along fine. We still have some adjustments to make, but she's really sweet. It's her first time as senior companion, so she got a lot of responsibility, but she's handling it well. After zone conference yesterday I feel like we can really go out there and help our investigators progress. Which we really need to be doing because a few of our really awesome investigators are leaving for school in taibei. So, they will go on and will work towards getting baptized there, but we won't we be able to help. We just trust that the Lord will continue to guide them, and that he knows who he wants in his church and will help them get there.

Zone conference was about becoming master teachers. So I've been learning how to speak chinese and teach the lessons for 6 months now and it is still pretty difficult. Still, the spirit is willing to work through us if we are worthy, even if we are weak instruments. So I'm going to do my best this week to be worthy of the spirit and let the investigators have that experience of conversion through the spirit. We have one girl named Xin ru who goes to another Christian church. She likes our church, but think it is "cha ba duo" pretty much the same as her church. Where's a testimony of the Joseph Smith and the Book of Mormon when you need one?? We will work on that. We got new Books of Mormon (the pluralization isn't a problem in chinese because it doesn't exist :-) )and that's pretty crazy. They are retranslated, with new footnotes, index and some of the scriptures translated more simply. The name even changed a little. Crazy eh? it's not mo-men-jing...it's mo-er-men-jing. We'll have the rememorize the first vision as soon as our tracts get changed. It's all good---progress.

Also, my companion's birthday was monday so that was fun to eat at baskin robbins (really expensive but soooo good) and some taro white cake (yummy). We are both 23 now. Most of the sister in the mission are a little older rather than closer to 21, so I don't usually feel that old. The elders are mostly younger, but they don't feel that much younger....especially since a lot of them are amazing missionaries.

So, I think we're going to go see some frogs and flowers somewhere in a few hours. I don't know where, our member friend is taking us. but it should be fun.

Love
Sister Browning

No comments: