Tuesday, January 22, 2008

stay warm

Dear Family,
The work goes on in the beautiful land of nantou. Xie LiLin was baptized and confirmed last weekend and that was wonderful. She is a very sweet person and I hope we can help her get a solid foundation in the church so she can continue to progress. I have had a little cold, but beside the lack of voice lately, it's getting better. we are going to the dentist this morning and in any other life that wouldn't be exciting, but it is. I'm probably going to get my hair cut too. wish me luck... I will need it.
We are working with a lot of wonderful investigators right now, but with the holidays coming up it's getting a little complicated. Everyone is going out of town, and has to clean their house a lot this week or something. really the whole chinese new year thing is such mafan (inconvience but there's not really a good translation) this week Candy is preparing to be baptized. Candy is really cool mom, who is so prepared for this gospel. She has really good english so that why we use her english name. I met her last move call the the grocery store and she said she would come to church. the cool thing was when she actually came and kept coming. She doesn't have any problems with the
commandments and is just an all around amazing person. I really hope the ward can accept and love her. For some reason, that's the concern I have the most lately, the ward members not really being willling to reach out to our investigators and new members. I guess they get so use to seeing them come and go, they just don't have the motivation to really help much. They have a lot of other responsibilites anyway. Really, I admire the members a lot for all they do with what they have. I just wish we could multiple some of the really-willing-to- help members by 10.
We had exchanges monday. I was with a native who is on what we call a duan chuan (short term six week mission). She was baptized last october is and is an amazing member and missionary. She talks to everyone and has an excitment and willingness to do all she can in the work. So it was fun to be with her and to get to know her.
I know the Lord is guiding this work inspite of all our imperfections as missionaries.
Likewise even though the member or the meeting may have weaknesses, this is His church. I'm so grateful for the foundation of faith the Lord has helped me to build in my life. It brings hope and happiness.
I hope you all have a wonderful week. Drink hot chocolate so you can stay warm. if you get the chance try buying those grasshopper mint cookies, bite off the ends and slurp the hot chocolate up through the cookie. It's good.
Love Sister Browning

No comments: