Thursday, December 28, 2006

learning and loving...at work


In these last few months before I leave I have been working part-time for the Miller family. This picture is of me and their daughter Ali. She loves piggy back rides and is easy to love. You can't see her smile hiding behind the toy, but these are her happy eyes. She has down syndrome and autism, like her brother, and requires more care than a typical 11 year old, but I love helping their family. I have learned so much from their faith!
This week I went to talk with a girl from my stake who served in Tai-chung two years ago. She had such positive experience to share and definitely loved the work over there. Her enthusiasm made me so excited. Taiwan is going to be an awesome place to serve. I have a feeling that it is the right place for me. I can hardly wait to go!

1 comment:

Ordinary Guy said...

You two look so natural together!